Service Rules and Regulations
1. The Water User shall install and maintain at his own expense a service line, which shall begin at a point designated by the Board at his property line, and extend to the dwelling and other portions of his premises. The service line located on the Water User’s property shall be owned and maintained by the Water User.
2. The Water User’s service line shall connect with the distribution system of the Board at the place designated by the Board, provided the Board has determined in advance that the Board’s water system is of sufficient capacity to permit delivery of water to that point.
3. The Water User shall pay for such water at such rates, time and place as shall be determined by the Board.
4. The Board’s policy shall be followed on the purchase and installation of a cut-off valve, dual check valve, backflow preventer and a water meter, for each service, provided use of water is immediately desired. Such cut-off valve shall be installed either on or off the water user’s property, near the property line. The Board shall have exclusive right to use the cut-off valve, backflow preventer and water meter and to turn it on and off.
5. The Board shall make the final determination in the location of any service line connection to its distribution system (a suitable, unobstructed and accessible place shall be provided at all times to the meter reader).
6. The Board may shut off the water of a Water User who allows a connection or extension to be made to his service line for the purpose of providing water to another user.
a. The Water User covenants and warrants that only one (1) water service will be permitted or continued for each meter without prior written permission of the Board, and the Water User hereby grants the Board, its agents, assigns or employees an easement to enter the Water User’s premises to test for leaks and improper connections, and the Water User understands water service may be terminated should more than one (1) user be permitted, allowed or continued per meter. (The customer shall not sell water to any other person or permit any other person to use said water).
b. Except for fire protection, the Board shall not under any condition furnish water free of charge to anyone.
7. The failure of the Water User to pay water charges duly imposed shall result in the automatic imposition of the following penalties:
a. Payment is due in full by the forty-fifth (45th) day after the billing date on the bill (no partial payments allowed). If payment is not made by said date, the Water User will be subject to a penalty of ten percent (10%) of the delinquent amount and cut-off without further notice, and a $25.00 reconnect fee. Failure to receive bills or notices shall not prevent such bills from becoming delinquent and not relieve the customer from payment.
b. In addition to A. above, nonpayment within the next fifteen (15) days, which would besixty days past due, the account will be referred for collection.
8. In the event it becomes necessary for the Board to shut off the water from a Water User’s property for violation of the service rules and regulations and/or abuse of the meter, a minimum fee of one hundred ($100.00) dollars and cost of a lock and device may be charged and twenty-five ($25.00) for reconnection of service.
a. The Board may, in addition to prosecution by law, permanently refuse service to any consumer who tampers with a meter or other measuring device
9. The meter will be locked when an account becomes 90 days pass due.
10. The meter will be pulled if the lock is broken or illegal usage of water.